In Outlook, you have the easy option of choosing specific delivery locations for each of the email addresses that you have linked with your email account. By using this Outlook support feature, you will be able to get all incoming mails in a specific folder set by you, instead of the Inbox alone. This helps prevent a cluttered Inbox and helps to sort emails easily. The Outlook support guidelines for changing delivery locations of email addresses are given below.
- Open the Outlook program from either the Start Menu or using the desktop shortcut. In the main window, sign in to your Outlook account and wait for it to load. Click on the button labeled Tools in the main toolbar. From the options available, choose Account Settings.
- In the Account Settings window that pops up, click on the first tab on the left side that says You will be shown a list of all the email addresses that you have linked with your Outlook account. Choose the email address for which you wish to change the mail delivery location.
- You will now be able to see where the mail is being delivered to the folder at the moment. The default folder will be set to Inbox. To choose another folder where you want the mails to be delivered, click on the Change Folder You would see a new window pop up labeled New E-mail Delivery Location. You need to keep both the windows open.
- In the Choose a Folder list, you will see a list of folders that you have already created. Choose one that you prefer to use as the location. If you wish to, you can create a new one. Simply click on the New Folder button, enter a preferred name and click OK. The folder will be created now and will appear in the list.
- Click to highlight the folder where you want the mails to go. Now, click on OK. You will exit from the current window and reach back to the Account Settings Once you highlight the account name, the destination folder’s name would be displayed at the bottom of the window.
- If you have other email addresses for which you need to change the delivery locations, you can repeat the steps above until done. To exit the wizard and complete the process, click on Close.
Do not panic if you do not see the mails showing up in the inbox folder, as they would be going to their respective delivery locations from now on.