Outlook is the most used email manager program by users around the world. One of the main concerns while using the Outlook program is that it does not have a feature to recover the password of an email automatically. For recovering a forgotten password, you can use help with Outlook tools like the password recovery tool. To know how to recover lost passwords, read the rest of this post.
Steps To Recover A Lost Password
To recover a lost password, connect to the internet and download any one password-recovery tool from a trusted maker and save the file in your system. After the download is finished, go to the download location and double click on the recovery tool icon to launch the process. Now the process will search through your system files and will find and bring up your password within minutes.
Steps To Reset The Password
- The first step is to get a new password from the internet service provider whose account you have used to setup an email in the Outlook program.
- After getting the new password, launch the Outlook application and then click on the Account Settings option from the Tools drop down menu.
- In the Account Settings dialog box that appears, highlight the Email tab and then double click on your account. Now you will be able to see the Personal Folders window.
- Now find the Change Password button and click on it to change the password of your account.
- Enter the password that you just got from your ISP in the Old Password field and then enter a new password in the New Password box.
- Retype the password in the Retype your password field and click on the OK button to save the new password and to exit from the Account Settings window.
- If you do not wish to change the password and would like to keep the password that you obtained from the ISP as your password, then go to the Internet Email Settings of the Outlook program and click on the Account Settings option under the Tools menu.
- Now double click on your account name and then under the Logon Information heading, clear the password that is already present in the field and then paste the new password.
- Click on the Remember Password check box and then click on the OK button to save the settings.
If you are not able to change the password after employing the above tips or if you would like to acquire more help with Outlook program issues, then contact the Outlook support team.